Taco salad pizza
Who said taco salad couldn’t be made into a pizza?! This revolutionary idea sprouted inside my imagination yesterday and I really thought I was onto something. Well my bubble was popped as a simple Google search refuted the revolutionary status of my idea and it turns out that taco salad pizzas are quite commonplace. Darn. I still thought the idea of it sounded delicious. You could go through the trouble of making your own pizza dough, but I don’t have the tools nor space. Its more practical to just pick up a pre made pizza crust from the local grocery store.
The crispier the crust, the better it works. If only I had a wood fired pizza oven!
Not one single ingredient stood out as an over powering flavor but rather a delicious hodgepodge of flavors working together to recreate a taco salad on a pizza.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small tomato diced
- ¼ cup of chopped romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup re-fried beans
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp southwest salsa
- 2 tsp chopped black olives
- ½ cup of Mexican cheese (mix)
- ⅓ cup of Doritos Cool Ranch chips (crushed)
- Taco seasoning or store bought packet
- 1 pre made pizza crust
- Pre heat oven to 475 degrees. Cook hamburger until no pink remains and drain.
- Return hamburger to pan and add taco seasoning along with ⅓ cup of water. Mix and heat on low for 2 minutes.
- Spread the re-fried beans on the pizza crust. Then mix the sour cream and salsa together and spread it over the re-fried beans. Add half of the hamburger (more if you want a meatier pizza). Sprinkle the Doritos Cool Ranch chips and tomatoes over meat. Then top with parsley, black olives, lettuce, and cheese.
- Put in oven directly on rack (if your pizza crust permits) and bake for at least 7 minutes. Serve.