I love frittatas especially because you can use up many left over ingredients and make a delicious, hearty breakfast. I made this pepper and mushroom frittata with the ingredients I had on hand while vacationing at a cabin in the wilderness. The rustic style of this breakfast was a perfect fit for the woodsy atmosphere in the middle of no where. You can add more of the ingredients for an even heartier version if you like. Don’t be shy.
Quick note: If you don’t have basil infused olive oil, just throw in some basil if you like. If you don’t have basil then just use regular olive oil.
- 4 eggs
- 4 white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of green bell peppers
- 1/3 cup of white onion
- Basil infused olive oil OR olive oil
- Splash of milk
- Slice the 4 white button mushrooms, chop 1/2 of the green bell pepper, and chop about 1/3 of a cup of white onion. Drizzle a couple of tablespoons of basil infused olive oil (regular is fine too) in a small skillet and cook the green peppers and onions for a couple of minutes. Then add the mushroom. You may need to add more oil. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Take everything out of the skillet to cool. Beat 4 eggs and incorporate a plash of milk. Oil up a small skillet. (The smaller the diameter of the skillet, the thicker the frittata will be. Pour in your egg mixture and sprinkle the mushroom, pepper, onion mixture evenly throughout the egg. Cover with a lip and cook on low for 9 minutes or until egg if fluffy on top.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve by cutting the frittata into wedges like a slice of pizza.